• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Significant Snow for next week – you bet!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Significant Snow for next week – you bet!

Not often I would post a weather forecast here on UKCU – but the current outlook looks good for snow.

In summary, most of the Global (and best) weather forecasting models have a STRONG signature for wide spread (and disruptive) snow fall next week starting Monday across the UK– aka 1980’s style (remember those?).

The outcome is still in a fine balance (all depends on the depth and strength of high pressure over Scandinavia) but I had a “oh my god” moment when the 06z models confirmed the out put from the 00z models.

WxMan’s forecast!
    Expect the usual – permanent staff not to make in to work “I was snowed in’ while the contractors make it in OK!

Seriously through – we need to watch this event VERY closley! Dont get cought out.
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

So has the climate changed then?

Can we blame this on 4x4 drivers and demand higher more punitive taxation on ordinary peoples lives?

Will higher tax stop it snowing?

We need to be told. And controlled.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
      Not often I would post a weather forecast here on UKCU – but the current outlook looks good for snow.

In summary, most of the Global (and best) weather forecasting models have a STRONG signature for wide spread (and disruptive) snow fall next week starting Monday across the UK– aka 1980’s style (remember those?).

The outcome is still in a fine balance (all depends on the depth and strength of high pressure over Scandinavia) but I had a “oh my god” moment when the 06z models confirmed the out put from the 00z models.

WxMan’s forecast!
      Expect the usual – permanent staff not to make in to work “I was snowed in’ while the contractors make it in OK!

Seriously through – we need to watch this event VERY closley! Dont get cought out.
      Thanks for the info - there was some news of this in this mornings Metro.

Any ideas which areas are likely to get snow? South East?

Comment

I've built an ice bike especially for the coming weather. You can read a serialisation of the build on my blog.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          I've built an ice bike especially for the coming weather. You can read a serialisation of the build on my blog.
          will check out your blog. will there be any boobies ?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            will check out your blog. will there be any boobies ?

Not there, but several of my other websites have significant amounts of that kind of material. I won't give URLs as they get more than enough traffic already.

Comment

Every time I have been promised decent snow this winter there has been nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Not there, but several of my other websites have significant amounts of that kind of material. I won't give URLs as they get more than enough traffic already.
                nice bike. Those pedals though - they would not look out of place in a torture chamber
                and whats that on your bookshelf, Java ?

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  nice bike. Those pedals though - they would not look out of place in a torture chamber
                  and whats that on your bookshelf, Java ?

The pedals are SPDs off another bike. You need an adapter on your shoes. They're the top end of that kind of pedal. Very low friction bearings so actually really quite comfortable.

That's the dogs house I used for the back drop. Normally, no one but me and the dogs go in there. It's just an over sized kennel really. I've put in some old books for insulation, and for want of a better place. So yes, some are old java books, but there's all sorts: old plant pots, long un-used kitchen machines, lots of odd stuff I keep meaning to throw out, and my body armour, which stinks so much I can't even stand to have it in the garage with the bikes, but the dogs like to be around it. Well, they don't complain.

Comment

Yes there is a very cold high pressure, coming over the continent from the East. So the Uk will be at the unhappy juncture between cold air and atlantic "warm" air, result ......very very heavy snow, which will stick as the ground will be freezing.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X