• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

She didn't listen to a word I said

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She didn't listen to a word I said

My daughter (34) decided last year to pack her job in to become a paramedic. She works as a manageress in an Iceland supermarket, three kids, and has lots of aggro in her life. I advised her to stick with her current job, follow the money, climb that greasy pole, think of the future.
    The missus, sister female colleagues all said the same, 'forget the money, if it's what you want - go for it'
    She ploughed on, got accepted for the two year course and passed the medical on Tuesday. The course starts in five weeks.

She didn't listen to a word I said, and you know what, I couldn't be more proud of her

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Any pictures?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      Any pictures?
      millions
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        My daughter (34) decided last year to pack her job in to become a paramedic. She works as a manageress in an Iceland supermarket, three kids, and has lots of aggro in her life. I advised her to stick with her current job, follow the money, climb that greasy pole, think of the future.
        The missus, sister female colleagues all said the same, 'forget the money, if it's what you want - go for it'
        She ploughed on, got accepted for the two year course and passed the medical on Tuesday. The course starts in five weeks.

She didn't listen to a word I said, and you know what, I couldn't be more proud of her

Her and everyone else on here then eh EO?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Her and everyone else on here then eh EO?
          Yeah well I dont mind you lot ignoring me, but my own daughter ?

sheesh.

Anyways, nearly 50% failed the medical, the doctor told her it was lack of PE in schools and the video game culture.
          That was a bit shocking that. 50%

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Seriously though - well done her. You're right to be proud!
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Yeah well I dont mind you lot ignoring me, but my own daughter ?

sheesh.

Anyways, nearly 50% failed the medical, the doctor told her it was lack of PE in schools and the video game culture.
              That was a bit shocking that. 50%

If she sticks at it she could do quite well in the future AND have a good public sector pension. Just remember that as long as people have car accidents, heart attacks and attempt to top themselves, she’ll be in work; I don’t think she’ll ever have to fear ‘sitting on the bench’. Mrs Tester’s a Senior Psycho-geriatrics nurse responsible for a home for dementia sufferers and a couple of hundred staff. Salary’s OK but not brilliant but her pension scheme’s the best in Europe and she’s not scared of becoming unemployed.

Might well be a very smart move.

Doesn't surprise me that 50% fail the medical and the doc might be right about the lack of PE in schools. Same here in NL. We sometimes get kids sent to the rugby club on their school 'sports orientation' and about 50% of 16 year old boys we see are incapable of doing one pressup or running 100 metres continually, never mind sprinting the length of the pitch.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                Seriously though - well done her. You're right to be proud!
                They wired her up to a heart monitor and gave her some tasks. If your heart rate goes over the target , you fail.
                She had to twist a torsion bar, checking grip and wrist strength, do some lifts and then the treadmill. Also checks for suppleness, twisting and stuff.

50% failure, that is an indictment of something. When I find out what, I will let you know.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

EO, daughters use Dad's as a barometer, basically if my Dad thinks something is a good idea, I do the opposite. It works every time for me

You are obviously proud of your daughter - and rightly so.
                  How's your son doing now?
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

My daughter is only 4 and already she doesn't listen to a word I say ...

Comment

Working...
                    X