• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

web cam software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

web cam software

I am hoping to make a home movie without the conce....

Actually I am hoping to wire up my study where I keep all my tech goodies with a few web cams connected to my always on server, from there I want to FTP the images up to my hosted server. I plan to make them visible from an apache server.

Does anyone know of a decent piece of software, free possibly, that can host a few old USB web cams on the same machine and also FTP images up to a server?

I used to have one but it was pretty mince and I can't find it anymore.

Thanks

Try Active Webcam

http://www.pysoft.com/ActiveWebCamMainpage.htm

it is labelled as surveillance software however but has the functionality you may be looking for.

Comment

Wilmslow had a thread about this subject last March.

Unfortunately, it rapidly degenerated into an unseemly brawl and required intervention by the moderators

However, Platypus jumped in at the last minute with a recommendation for Active Webcam, as also recommended by SillyQ above, so that gives it at least two votes over the past year. Ergo, probably worth looking at

Comment

However, Active Web Cam is not free

But it certainly does have the functionality you're looking for.

Comment

Thanks, I managed to find and set up something from http://www.visiongs.de last night just before I hit my scratcher and it was a bit flakey at first but it seems to still be running just now, I think the stability is questionable and might get ditched although it seems to have most of the stuff I want.

Really I want it to save to one local file every 10 seconds so I can pick it up with the apache web server I have but also want it to FTP the file to a server and give it a unique name there.

I will have a look at that thread and Active Webcam.

When I metntioned to the GF that she could check that I was in the house working at my PC when she was at work she thought "great, I can make sure you are not in the pub" Obviously that means taking 20 sample pictures and rotating them on the page with a bit of javascript while I head off for a few afternoon pints.

Comment

Working...
          X