• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit card for those with a poor credit rating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card for those with a poor credit rating

http://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditca...assic-card.jsf

No Annual Fee
    Up to £2,500 in spending power
    Credit Limit Increase - Manage your account well † and we'll increase your credit limit on your 4th statement.
    A FREE choice of card design
    Spread your payments
    34.9%APR typical variable

That should help people?

Free choice of card design !!!! wow all those waynes and waynettas out there would live that..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      Free choice of card design !!!! wow all those waynes and waynettas out there would live that..
      ...and the 34.9%APR typical variable will make sure the pawn shops are well stocked for the next few years.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Unfortunately people are so addicted to credit there will be no shortage of up takers.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

If you thought that was high check these guys

http://www.vanquis.co.uk/home/Vanquis_Visa_card.aspx

*Typical APR... I've seen them advertising 59.9% on there once, justified if you are classified higher risk, etc..
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Isn't this precisely what got the world into the tulip in the first place?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Contracted for Capital One a few years back so dull. Interestingly none of the permies (sorry "associates") I worked with had a Cap One credit card, even though they got a special rate.

Says something when they dont even take up their own product

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                If you thought that was high check these guys

http://www.vanquis.co.uk/home/Vanquis_Visa_card.aspx

*Typical APR... I've seen them advertising 59.9% on there once, justified if you are classified higher risk, etc..
                "No annual fee" bargain!

It's the 2% minimum payment that traps people in debt, I reckon there should be a sliding scale where a card that has an interest rate of say 20% should have a minimum payment of say 10%, a card with 30% should have 15% minimum. Not as profitable for the CC companies but it would make for more responsible lending and borrowing.

I'm not sure if it still applies but Portugal used to have a law where the minimum payment was 15% of balance no mater what the rate.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                X