• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grand designs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand designs

Anyone watch it?

I didn't like the building at all, it was a warehouse that was never designed to be lived in, once tarted up it still looked like a warehouse only with a big shiny windows.

The views were great but I'd want an attractive building too having spent near £1m.

Most impressed with the 10mm thick xenon filled double glazing units though.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Yer I watched it. They do have an eye for design but I didnt like the basic shape and the industrial windows on the upper floors.

Not keen on the metal walkway, but the stonework was nicely touched up. Those wooden beams were awesome too.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Anyone watch it?

I didn't like the building at all, it was a warehouse that was never designed to be lived in, once tarted up it still looked like a warehouse only with a big shiny windows.

The views were great but I'd want an attractive building too having spent near £1m.

Most impressed with the 10mm thick xenon filled double glazing units though.
      I didn't like it at all, looked cold and office-like to me. Could have done so much more for £1m.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        I didn't like it at all, looked cold and office-like to me. Could have done so much more for £1m.
        I find that a lot with the Grand Design houses. Usually they cost a mint for a 2 bed house that looks like some kind of office.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          For £1m on a grade II listed building though?

Personally I liked it : maybe I am odd.....

Comment

Again, another building that lacked soul and looked like a gallery.

A lot of money for nowt.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Again, another building that lacked soul and looked like a gallery.

A lot of money for nowt.
              That's the style these days....

I quite liked it.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Soulless and cold just about sum it up I think.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                X