• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I back this strike !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I back this strike !!

With unemployment rising rapidly we must ensure that jobs in this country go to British workers that have the skills.

I hope to see similar action to protest about the french nuclear power station builder that is only hiring Polish workers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...er/7857996.stm

There are men here whose fathers and uncles have worked at this refinery, built this refinery from scratch. It's outrageous.
    hurrah! All hail to the Hereditary Principle of Oil Refining!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      With unemployment rising rapidly we must ensure that jobs in this country go to British workers that have the skills.

I hope to see similar action to protest about the french nuclear power station builder that is only hiring Polish workers.

It is illegal to discriminate workers in EU. So yes, as long as UK is in Europe your company should not discriminate against a polish and a local worker. As you see from the number (800) luckily there are not many people who think like you. You are still free to abandon the EU and sink with your currency alongside with Iceland (again, I know people on top are not as limited as you to make such an idiotic choice).
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

More power to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
          It is illegal to discriminate workers in EU. So yes, as long as UK is in Europe your company should not discriminate against a polish and a local worker. As you see from the number (800) luckily there are not many people who think like you. You are still free to abandon the EU and sink with your currency alongside with Iceland (again, I know people on top are not as limited as you to make such an idiotic choice).

It is not discrimination to give British jobs to British workers first for jobs that are in the UK. Do you think that the French would give Polish workers all of their jobs before employing French people ?

It is the law that a job has to be advertised to British workers for two weeks before it is advertised to foreigners. That has always been the case and is not discrimination. The oil company here and the French nuclear company have made no effort to advertise for British workers. That is totally wrong and I hope the British unemployed, if not HMG, will carry out action to ensure fair treatment.

Comment

I hope... HMG, will carry out action to ensure fair treatment.

Oh good one. Nice. Have you ever considered stand-up?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
              you talk about discrimination yet there is no evidence to suggest that the jobs were even offered to local people. So it seems that the Italian company are themselves discriminating in favour of Italians.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It is not discrimination to give British jobs to British workers first for jobs that are in the UK. Do you think that the French would give Polish workers all of their jobs before employing French people ?

It is the law that a job has to be advertised to British workers for two weeks before it is advertised to foreigners. That has always been the case and is not discrimination. The oil company here and the French nuclear company have made no effort to advertise for British workers. That is totally wrong and I hope the British unemployed, if not HMG, will carry out action to ensure fair treatment.

Only foreigners from outside the EU
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

Oh good one. Nice. Have you ever considered stand-up?

03:21????

On night shift, RH?????
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

...or a long session on Warcraft perhaps?

Up the workers

(just doing my bit)
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X