• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy Phone Spam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy Phone Spam

I've just had some clown ring my wife and getting abusive because he wouldn't take it that he had dialed a wrong number. Does anybody know and quick and easy ways of getting his number on as many spam phone things as possible?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I've just had some clown ring my wife and getting abusive because he wouldn't take it that he had dialed a wrong number. Does anybody know and quick and easy ways of getting his number on as many spam phone things as possible?
    i'll bite....how was it a scam, and how hard was it to hang up the phone after maybe the second time she told him he had the wrong number?

how many time did he phone, and what exactly did he say?

Comment

He called 5 times in the space of 3 mins asking for somebody who doesn't live here (male) and where we live etc - when I spoke to him it was all f*** off you dickhead etc and where do you live cos I'll come round there and tw@t you etc - but the dopey sod didn't hide his number so I figured I'll pi55 him off by getting him spammed - I just wanted to know some sure fire places where I could register his number that would bug him - I'll leave it a few days so the dopey sod doesn't put 2 and 2 together
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        He called 5 times in the space of 3 mins asking for somebody who doesn't live here (male) and where we live etc - when I spoke to him it was all f*** off you dickhead etc and where do you live cos I'll come round there and tw@t you etc - but the dopey sod didn't hide his number so I figured I'll pi55 him off by getting him spammed - I just wanted to know some sure fire places where I could register his number that would bug him - I'll leave it a few days so the dopey sod doesn't put 2 and 2 together
        The low tech version is to write his number on a stall in a public loo, offering some sort of service or other. What service is up to you.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Put his number on a fake CV and fire it out to every job notice board you can find.

Remember to put "My 10 references are available on request" at the bottom.

Comment

I had thought of that one also - trouble is it means I have to generate a CV. I was hoping for some things that would text him on a regular basis and sign him up to loads of them.

I'm going to sign him up to a load of car supermarkets / insurance / double glazing sites for a call back! I was just hoping that there were places where you could put your number in and everybody and their wife contacts you - the sort of site where your number gets posted everywhere.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Why didn't you just take the phone off the hook or turn it off for 10min?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Why didn't you just take the phone off the hook or turn it off for 10min?
                Stop being so sensible - we did that - but why not pi55 him off also. My wife said each time you have got the wrong number and he wouldn't have it and each time he got more abusive. If he likes to pi55 people off down the phone where is the harm in me signing him up to a load of services what inundate his phone with pointless texts. Childish I know but what the hell!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

is mr wall there? mrs wall? oh are there any walls there?...

EDIT: your surname isnt wall is it?
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    is mr wall there? mrs wall? oh are there any walls there?...

EDIT: your surname isnt wall is it?
                    Nope it's clearly listed in my name on here

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X