• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flat organisations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat organisations

Is this the latest management bullsh1t?

To me it only means: "you do most of the work, you are accountable for everything, we take the credit and the bonus for you".

W@nkers.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

What's that got to do with renting Bed-sits?

Comment

Why don't you read it as:

I come to client site, provide the service I am contracted to, go home, invoice, get paid, spend money...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Francko

To me it only means: "you do most of the work, you are accountable for everything, we take the credit and the bonus for you".

W@nkers.
        yup always the same,

"When a man is running from his boss
        Who hold a gun that fires "cost" "
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Francko

W@nkers.
          Sounds like a permie problem to me. Not something any of us running entrepreneurial knowledge-based businesses need to be worrying about.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
            Why don't you read it as:

I come to client site, provide the service I am contracted to, go home, invoice, get paid, spend money...

There is something missing before "spend money"...

that is .... receive a phone call from client who wants to cut your rate of 20%, get threatened to be outsourced to indians, talk to accountants, pay them a lot of money, getting dismissed from the contract, give half of your hard earned money to Gordon, wait 3 months before the next one while you are on baked beans as you don't know if 3 months can become 6-9 or 12, deal with lots of pimps, etc.
            Last edited by Francko; 30 September 2005, 10:40.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Francko - there is too much stress in your life...

...Zen my friend!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                Francko - there is too much stress in your life...

...Zen my friend!!

or just smoke dope.
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Flat Organisations: this has been around for quite some time. In reality, to work, the organisation should have a pretty high level of maturity.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                    or just smoke dope.
                    I reckon they are great solutions. On one thing I agree. You lead a better life as a contractor as you are generally happier for your independence.

But please do not give me the bulltulip that you have plenty of contracts to choose and lots more money in your pockets*. The 2000 crap is well over and contracting in the long run now hardly pays more.

* Of course, that doesn't apply if you are in a dodgy tax scheme where you risk to spend the rest of your life in jail or in poverty, unless you are happy to fly to New Zealand the next day.

Comment

Working...
                    X