• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomedy Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomedy Doom

It couldn't get any better.

I'm on the bench and my OH's company has just announced that they are looking at large scale redundancies.

His Europe offices find out next week.

Deep joy.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

At least you don't have a big mortgage and have lots of savings!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      At least you don't have a big mortgage and have lots of savings!
      No I don't. that's one good thing.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        No I don't. that's one good thing.
        Woh there. We're talking doom here, no good things:

"What does that actually mean?

Well, it’s so bad, it’s actually quite hard to take in. The Treasury already expects Britain’s budget deficit to climb to 9% of GDP next year – the highest of any major country – with overall national debt topping £1.1 trillion by 2014. To put that into context, it’s 70% of the total amount we produce as a nation each year – the highest level seen outside wartime.

And remember those are the official forecasts – so it could easily turn out to be much worse. And the eventual shortfall will have to be made up somehow. "

Bored.

Comment

My OH just got a call from his boss and he will be one of the many unfortunates who will be made redundant.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Hope things improve soon.

Beer
            is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              My OH just got a call from his boss and he will be one of the many unfortunates who will be made redundant.
              Shame. Let's just hope he gets more that the statutory minimum as a settlement.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Shame. Let's just hope he gets more that the statutory minimum as a settlement.
                let's hope, he has been with the company for 7 years.

If anyone knows of any permie (or contract) tester jobs pm me.
                Last edited by norrahe; 30 January 2009, 11:25.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                X