• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B – WxMan on CH4 Cutting Edge 12th Feb @ 21:00

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B – WxMan on CH4 Cutting Edge 12th Feb @ 21:00

If you have not got anything better to do on a Thursday night… You might be interested in seeing my “Plan B” in action during CH4’s Cutting edge programme.

A Very British Storm Junkie Thursday 12 February
    9:00pm - 10:00pm
    Channel 4
    Documentary about Stuart Robinson's unusual hobby. By day, Stuart is an IT consultant but in his spare time he is a fanatical storm chaser, travelling the globe to witness the awesome power of nature first hand.

By day, Stuart Robinson (WxMan ) is an unassuming IT consultant, but in his spare time he is a fanatical storm chaser, who travels across the globe to witness the awesome power of nature first hand. Based in Leicestershire with long-suffering fiancé Alison, Stuart's interest in storms was sparked by the 90s Hollywood blockbuster `Twister'. He saw his first tornado in 2001 and has since seen 43 Tornadoes and experienced 8 Hurricanes.
    Last edited by wxman; 30 January 2009, 14:22.
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Originally posted by wxman View Post
    If you have not got anything better to do on a thurday night… You might be interesting in seeing my “Plan B” in action during CH4’s Cutting edge programme.

A Very British Storm Junkie Thursday 12 February
    9:00pm - 10:00pm
    Channel 4
    Documentary about Stuart Robinson's unusual hobby. By day, Stuart is an IT consultant but in his spare time he is a fanatical storm chaser, travelling the globe to witness the awesome power of nature first hand.

By day, Stuart Robinson (WxMan ) is an unassuming IT consultant, but in his spare time he is a fanatical storm chaser, who travels across the globe to witness the awesome power of nature first hand. Based in Leicestershire with long-suffering fiancé Alison, Stuart's interest in storms was sparked by the 90s Hollywood blockbuster `Twister'. He saw his first tornado in 2001 and has since seen 43 Tornadoes and experienced 8 Hurricanes.
    Result!

Nice one WxMan. I'll be watching.

Comment

Well done Wxman

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post

posts drivel on a well-known right-wing bulletin board...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

bloody well done!

Comment

Brilliant - I'll be there, twisting the night away.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Fascinating - I remember your posts duing Hurricane Katrina .

Good Luck .

Comment

Have you been on the TV before?

Only ask coz I saw a similar programme a couple of years back about a British storm chaser and he was seriously WACKO!

Strapping himself to piers so he could "witness" the sharp end of some of the largest typhoons the heavens could throw at him.

Congrats by the way
                'elf and safety guru

Comment

what a way to go. sucked up into the heart of the storm...

Comment

cool, nice one!
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X