• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst job in the world?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst job in the world?

A mate and I when to Munich for the Oktoberfest a few years back, during the day we allowed our curiosity to get the better of us and had a browse in one of the numerous sex shops.

Once inside we realised there were pay-as-you-go movie cubicles, we didn’t use them but noticed a guy mopping them out and emptying the bins, he had to hold them up-side-down and tap the rim on the edge of his cart to get the more stubborn tissues out.

Does it get any worse?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Well if you wear gloves and a mask it might be easier than converting lotus notes forms into word....

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...tes-forms.html

and here is a novel idea for the bin-man - how about using bin liners?
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      A mate and I when to Munich for the Oktoberfest a few years back, during the day we allowed our curiosity to get the better of us and had a browse in one of the numerous sex shops.

Once inside we realised there were pay-as-you-go movie cubicles, we didn’t use them but noticed a guy mopping them out and emptying the bins, he had to hold them up-side-down and tap the rim on the edge of his cart to get the more stubborn tissues out.

Does it get any worse?
      Nursing can be quite unsavoury at times. Mrs Tester can tell some choice stories about 85 year old mental patients who’ve inserted things they shouldn’t have inserted into places they shouldn’t have inserted them, cleaning up homeless women with maggot colonies in their orifice, and so on.

I have luckily taught her to refrain from telling her stories at the dinner table.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Nursing can be quite unsavoury at times. Mrs Tester can tell some choice stories about 85 year old mental patients who’ve inserted things they shouldn’t have inserted into places they shouldn’t have inserted them, cleaning up homeless women with maggot colonies in their orifice, and so on.

I have luckily taught her to refrain from telling her stories at the dinner table.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

My uncle was a nurse at a hospital for people suffering from mental health problems. One of the patients used to use his own excrement to write his name on the walls.

Not the worst job as such but still one where a strong stomach is needed.
          I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
            Maggots are also used in a controlled manner for cleaning wounds.

I think I'd rather suffer the sting of TCP personally...
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
              One of the patients used to use his own excrement to write his name on the walls.
              Why was he in there in the first place?
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Long time ago now. Long history of mental health problems I guess. Not sure exactly what triggered it all off or if was some kind of genetic disorder. Some patients were violent and lashed out instead.
                I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
                  One of the patients used to use his own excrement to write his name on the walls.
                  Have to try that next time I sign a CT600 form...
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Well I once worked in a microbiology lad at the local hospital. I had to poke around people poo looking for worms and spreading it out over culture plates for bacteriology tests.

Mondays where the worst as the poo had been festering over the weekend in the specimen bottles. You got a real stink opening them.

Comment

Working...
                    X