• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police powers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police powers

BRIGHTON, England Sep 29, 2005 — Prime Minister Tony Blair apologized Thursday to an 82-year-old activist ejected from the governing Labour Party's conference for heckling a Cabinet minister over the Iraq war an issue that overshadowed the end of the annual convention.

The treatment of Walter Wolfgang, who was then questioned by police under anti-terrorism powers, angered delegates and sparked accusations that the government is abusing freedom of speech.
    Soooo, who is still thinking police getting extra powers is a good idea and they will not be abused?

Originally posted by Not So Wise
    Soooo, who is still thinking police getting extra powers is a good idea and they will not be abused?
    Never thought it in the first place. It is a disgrace and was inevitable. The thing is, how many cases have there been not played out in front of watching TV cameras that aren't then laughed off as a bit of high spirited fun? Never mind, shortly the state will be able to detain you without charge for three months so that'll give them plenty of time to decide what to fix you up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      Never thought it in the first place. It is a disgrace and was inevitable. The thing is, how many cases have there been not played out in front of watching TV cameras that aren't then laughed off as a bit of high spirited fun? Never mind, shortly the state will be able to detain you without charge for three months so that'll give them plenty of time to decide what to fix you up for.
      Yep, this was precisely my point yesterday when I mentioned the poor sod in Bognor. Everyone on this forum is at risk. You are only one weirdo away from having your entire life ruined.

Comment

When they put you in the prison ...I did warn you

When they Tax you till you are sick .. I did warn you

Look Out ... Look Out ...Look Out... its too late now but I did warn you ...

Heil Blair !!!!

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 30 September 2005, 16:29.

Comment

Working...
        X