• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Department of the bleeding obvious

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Department of the bleeding obvious

Apparently, feeling ill can have a detrimental effect on your driving... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7858623.stm
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Christ Almighty, where to start.

a) someone with real 'flu would not be able to get out of bed, never mind drive.

b) "as well as other conditions including premenstrual syndrome" - are you going to tell the bitch? 'Cos I daren't.

c) "in a poll of 4,000 people, 22 people had had an accident while having a bad cold and five while they had flu." So the other 3,978 did not have an accident when driving while having a bad cold or 'flu? Ergo, a useless statistic.

Oh stuff it. I've lost interest in this article that merely contains opinions, and very few facts.

I want a Bad Science smiley.

Finally "Skiing days this season: 3" - not good enough. I recall being VERY jealous of you in a previous year. You are not living up to the contractor lifestyle - walk out of that gig and piste off.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Imagine an ill person with flu and drunk : what sort of driving would that be?

Probably still better than my ex.....

Comment

Working...
      X