• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kittens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kittens

Went to visit some RSPCA rescued kittens yesterday. We have selected a couple and are now waiting for the home inspection before we can adopt them.

The last of our old moggies died 12 months ago and the house just doesn't seem the same without cats.
    Do IT folk prefer cats? I can recall some PM's who had dogs, but most 'techie' folk I know (who expressed a preference) have cats.

I know that there was a poll on this a while ago, but I frankly cannot be arsed to find it -well it is Sunday
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Do IT folk prefer cats?
    Dunno, I've never tried cat and I doubt there is much meat on them.

Comment

Went to visit some RSPCA rescued kittens yesterday. We have selected a couple and are now waiting for the home inspection before we can adopt them.

The last of our old moggies died 12 months ago and the house just doesn't seem the same without cats.
      Do IT folk prefer cats? I can recall some PM's who had dogs, but most 'techie' folk I know (who expressed a preference) have cats.

I know that there was a poll on this a while ago, but I frankly cannot be arsed to find it -well it is Sunday
      You are now the crazy cat lady of this forum.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Can't stand the things. If I want something to turn up for meals or when it wants attention I'll buy a teenager.

Comment

No cats are a nuisance they sod off for days on end (normally when you are about to go on hols and need them back). Adopt several families and murder all the local wildlife. then they pap in your surrounding gardens and cause your locals to hate you. If you want a good animal try a greyhound. You know where they are. They are amazingly loving and they make you feel a million pounds when you walk them

We have had 3 one died a few years ago and now we have 2 more.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            You are now the crazy cat lady of this forum.
            I was the former sad cat lady who put the poll up.

I've got 3 myself. I've had to limit myself as I volunteer for the local branch of cats protection and always come across sad cases that look cute.
            If my OH didn't put his foot down we'd have a lot more.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Do IT folk prefer cats?
              Cats are vermin and should only be available to own under licence.
              The conditions of the licence should stipulate that should you choose to allow them to 'roam' beyond the boundaries of your property,then it will be on the understanding that they will then be classified as moving targets to the local air rifle owning community.
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Mrs BP loves cats! Personally I detest them but she is the boss......

Comment

Yay! RSPCA lady just came round and we passed her interview, so we can adopt next week.

The most we have had in the past was 6! And none on them EVER bought home a dead bird or animal, frankly, they were all to stupid.

Also they used to come in to use the litter tray. I'm not saying they were perfect, but If they have responsible owners, cats need not be a nuisance.
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Yay! RSPCA lady just came round and we passed her interview, so we can adopt next week.

The most we have had in the past was 6! And none on them EVER bought home a dead bird or animal, frankly, they were all to stupid.

Also they used to come in to use the litter tray. I'm not saying they were perfect, but If they have responsible owners, cats need not be a nuisance.
                    Not connected. We have 2 of the most stupid cats ever. Mrs BP has had loads and, according to her, they hardly qualify as cats. But they are prolific hunters : birds, mice, pigeons, rats, frogs, squirrels. I hate it when they leave blood and guts everywhere : not what I need to clear up at 5:30am before a hard day at the coal face.

Comment

Working...
                    X