• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Money Well Spent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money Well Spent?

Lotto rapist protected by taxpayers

The rapist who won £7 million on the lotto is being protected by the Home Office at a cost of thousands

Can you honestly think of a better way for Bliar to be spending your taxes?

Originally posted by John Galt

The rapist who won £7 million on the lotto is being protected by the Home Office at a cost of thousands

The Government would have had to protect him whether or not he'd won the money...
    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
    You know you'll need us!

Comment

The only reason he needs protection is because his win was so widely publicised - as was his crime. Considering the crimes I'd scrap the protection, save the tax payer thousands and then scrape up the squiddgey bits after Joe Public had finished with him

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt

How about sqaundering squillions on a futile and illegal War ... ???

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
          How about sqaundering squillions on a futile and illegal War ... ???
          Sounds like a good idea, you start...
          Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
          You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
            I RogerRabit has......
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Has he got Chemical Weapons? Or does he just swear a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
                Sounds almost like one of those awful HR interviews, where the ask you seming banal but actually loaded questions, ie If you could be a car , which model would you be ?

You know the kind of guff.

So how about, If you could wage war on a country ...which would it be ?

Personally I would wage war on Finland, I need hardly explain why.

Comment

I see in the DT that that whatesrname woman, girlfriend of Ian Brady, costs us £700,000 a year.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                    I see in the DT that that whatesrname woman, girlfriend of Ian Brady, costs us £700,000 a year.
                    Wouldn't it be better then, from a taxpayers point of view, to simply ask all potential criminals to identify themselves, and then offer to set up a trust fund for them providing say (lets be fair) £100k per year as long as they don't commit any criminal acts.

It would be cheaper in the long run and would also avoid all the legal costs, policing, compensation to victims etc.

Indeed the entire criminal processing system, police, investigators, courts, judges, prisons and all the costs going into it could be removed in one stroke... it would save us billions.

Comment

Working...
                    X