• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I go to work today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I go to work today?

Really don't fancy being snowed in at the office
    ǝןqqıʍ

If you are in London don't bother - I went to the UG station and it was closed even though the TFL web site said it was open. All buses off as well.

Comment

Can you get to work today?

If you drive you are warned not to make an unnecessary journey.

If you are taking public transport you are likely to freeze before it arrives.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I heard that London is in chaos with no main roads gritted and taxis are struggling to get around. Few buses will run today, so staying at home would be the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          I heard that London is in chaos with no main roads gritted and taxis are struggling to get around. Few buses will run today, so staying at home would be the best option.
          Few buses?

NO BUSES

Health and Safety.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Few buses?

NO BUSES

Health and Safety.

I heard no buses were running but that was at 6am, so I was trying to be optimistic.

Comment

Where is the poll? Dont forget the andyw option.....

Comment

I wouldn't bother - put your feet up and think of Australia.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Spent an hour and a half getting to the office, then sat there for an hour watching the snow get heavier and heavier. Then I decided I really wasn't up for being snowed in at work. So I came home
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    Spent an hour and a half getting to the office, then sat there for an hour watching the snow get heavier and heavier. Then I decided I really wasn't up for being snowed in at work. So I came home
                    You wuss!

Comment

Working...
                    X