• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed

Some of Whitehall’s biggest computer projects have spiralled out of control, with total cost overruns of more than £18 billion, an investigation by The Times can reveal.

Plans for new computer systems are years behind schedule and have ballooned in cost; others have been scaled back or even scrapped. Yet companies continue to make hundreds of millions of pounds in profit, with £102.3 billion forecast to be spent on government IT projects over the next five years.

That's a chunk of change. An endless supply of NHS contracts awaits us all
    Bored.

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Some of Whitehall’s biggest computer projects have spiralled out of control, with total cost overruns of more than £18 billion, an investigation by The Times can reveal.

Plans for new computer systems are years behind schedule and have ballooned in cost; others have been scaled back or even scrapped. Yet companies continue to make hundreds of millions of pounds in profit, with £102.3 billion forecast to be spent on government IT projects over the next five years.

That's a chunk of change. An endless supply of NHS contracts awaits us all
    I actually find it quite difficult to figure out how anyone can spend 100 billion pounds on IT without the expenditure involving yachts, private jets and villas in the south of France.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I actually find it quite difficult to figure out how anyone can spend 100 billion pounds on IT without the expenditure involving yachts, private jets and villas in the south of France.
      What do you think the heads of the likes of EDS, Capita and InfoSys own?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        What do you think the heads of the likes of EDS, Capita and InfoSys own?
        Threaded

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          That only takes care of a few 100m - to waste 100b requires incompetence on a biblical scale. That reminds me - what happened to Sasguru?
          Bored.

Comment

Best vote Labour at the next election.

Last time the Tories got in they cancelled a load of overrunning government projects, including one I'd just started working on. They tried to justify it with the "waste of money" line.

Which no-one believed because the government were funding the projects, not us.

Comment

Working...
            X