• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to save Britain from Bankruptcy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to save Britain from Bankruptcy

Lets sell Gibralter. How much would we get for it?

I reckon we could sell the Falklands to the Argies.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      There’s oil under the Falklands.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        There’s oil under the Falklands.
        That must make them alot more valuable......

Of course those who live there will whine about how much they love Britain. But if they love it so much why not live here?

Comment

We could sell the queen to the States, how much would we get for Camila ?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Why not sell Britain?

To a private Equity fund - load it up with debt so no profit, and therefore no tax, is on UK soil.

BOOMED
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              We could flog them to the Saudis - there is Oil there - let then Saudis pick up the tab for developing the Oil Fields then make an arrangement with the Argentinians to launch another invasion - in steps Britain to save the Falklanders from the Argies - then hand them back over to the Saudis.

Charge the Saudis an arm and a leg from this liberation - bit of dosh to the Argie jaunta for their help - everyones a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                We could sell the queen to the States, how much would we get for Camila ?

Er ... half a packet of scratchings?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Anyone seen the film "Lock stock and two smoking barrels?" Bacon had a money raising scheme.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Anyone seen the film "Lock stock and two smoking barrels?" Bacon had a money raising scheme.
                    You need to understand the difference between a Ponzi scheme and a Poncy scheme

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X