• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thoughts turn to....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts turn to....

After today's weather my thoughts are turning to the poor birds who will suffer badly in this weather. I put out some dried oats today for the larger birds but I have a robin family in my garden. Does anybody know if supermarkets sell birdseed ?

State handouts from you Cyberman?
    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Are they British birds or just flown in from the continent to steal the food from British birds?
      Beer
      is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
        Are they British birds or just flown in from the continent to steal the food from British birds?

These are indigenous to the Cybergarden !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          ...... I have a robin family in my garden.....
          Bl**dy Gypos"

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
            Council EState handouts from you Cyberman?
            fixed that
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
              fixed that
              Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

After today's weather my thoughts are turning to the poor birds who will suffer badly in this weather. I put out some dried oats today for the larger birds but I have a robin family in my garden. Does anybody know if supermarkets sell birdseed ?

Most will, particularly the bigger ones.

MrsF is just putting the new bird feeder out in the garden at the moment - hopefully it will be immune to squirrels trying to break it like they did the last one.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If you had ever been to Newcastle then you would know that birds use the following to protect against the cold :
                  vodka
                  malibu
                  bacardi
                  and chips

Dried oats would probably result in you being laughed at (again)
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

You'll get rats. You mark my words.

Birds were around decades before man, they can survive you know!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X