• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mortgage BOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mortgage BOOM

If you're with Cheltenham and Gloucester that is:

The Bank of England is expected to cut interest rates to just 1 per cent on Thursday, bringing a windfall to those with interest-only tracker loans.

If it does, Cheltenham & Gloucester customers who took out a deal at 1.01 percentage points below the Bank's base rate will be paying no interest at all.

For technical reasons, they will still have to make payments - 8p a month for a £100,000 loan - but the money will be refunded.
    linky

Unfortunately, I am with another lender, but Kudos to those of you with C&G...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

I'm with the C&G at BoE + .69%

Not as good as BoE - 1.01% but I'm still
    Cats are evil.

Comment

I'm with C&G fixed at 5.09 doh!

Comment

Me BTL is with the abbey at +0.5 above the base rate.

The monthly rent is so much greater than the mortgage I'm almost feeling guilty.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Im on a tracker at +0.5%
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

And I haven't got a mortgage any more, happy days!
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Me BTL is with the abbey at +0.5 above the base rate.

The monthly rent is so much greater than the mortgage I'm almost feeling guilty.
              for now.....

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                for now.....
                I know... reductions reductions reductions, keep em coming I say!
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

nothing to do with the massive inflation required to get us to the next boom?

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                    nothing to do with the massive inflation required to get us to the next boom?
                    election

Comment

Working...
                    X