• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Great FTV debate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great FTV debate

Whatever happened to the FTV debate?

Wtf Rtfm
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Last I heard it's alive and well, and progress is being made. Whether or not that progress is to our benefit is another question- we won't know until dear old HMG publishes the results. And of course, we are talking about HMG time frames, so that'll be about 2026...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Is it really you wabbit??

Go on - say something smutty...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Convince Gordy its a bad idea

AIUI Work Permits UK think they are saving the UK from a dreadful shortage of skills. Thats why they are shipping in highly skilled fruit pickers, labourers etc while we pay unemployment benefit.

Unfortunately I don't think they understand the consequences of their actions.

They are reviewing it but Gordon needs cheap labour to keep inflation down so its not going to change.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

or maybe local brits don't want to pick fruits anymore (it's more worthwhile to pick up your incapacity benefit) and the only people who are willing to pick fruits are poles and afghans?
            Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Rebecca Loos: Oh, so naïve. I have in the line down the M1 from Leeds to Loughborough numerous HIMOs with Poles. Every single one has a good quality degree. Yes, many may well be working as sparkies , plumbers and builders. The ones that first came over illegally a few years ago are now in management positions.

They are beyond picking fruits me old fruit.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
              X