• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Woolwich ferry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woolwich ferry

The Woolwich ferry wasn't running today.

How can 6" snow possibly stop the Woolwich ferry? Did they forget to grit the Thames?! And no the river hasn't frozen.
    Cats are evil.

It was a holiday in London today, didnt you get the memo?

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

How can 6" snow possibly stop the Woolwich ferry? Did they forget to grit the Thames?! And no the river hasn't frozen.
      That got me laughing. You couldn't make it up could you.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

You forget we are now a country overrun by health & safety numpties. They'll find any excuse for a day off.

Comment

Is there perhaps an element of slipperyness (sp?) during the loading and unloading process? I mean, if they're going to shut big, wide, flat motorways then it kind of makes sense to shut narrow, sloping, metal loading ramps. Possibly.

http://www.portcities.org.uk/london/..._400/H6024.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
            Is there perhaps an element of slipperyness (sp?) during the loading and unloading process? I mean, if they're going to shut big, wide, flat motorways then it kind of makes sense to shut narrow, sloping, metal loading ramps. Possibly.
            Like I said, health & safety numpties.

Comment

Could the staff make it in?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Could the staff make it in?
                WHS. The ships require a crew. They don't live onboard, so have to travel in to work like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                  WHS. The ships require a crew. They don't live onboard, so have to travel in to work like everyone else.
                  So how does the guy who drives the snowplough get to work?!
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

So how does the guy who drives the snowplough get to work?!
                    Didn't you hear? He didn't bother.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                    X