• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invest in property

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invest in property

Europe's Top 10 Cities for Real Estate
    Rank City Value Ranking in 2008
    1 Munich 5.51 4
    2 Hamburg 5.41 3
    3 Istanbul 5.38 2
    4 Zurich 5.17 17
    5 London 5.13 15
    6 Moskow 5.02 1
    7 Helsinki 4.9 8 10
    8 Paris 4.98 5
    9 Berlin 4.93 9
    10 Frankfurt4.93 7
    The value is based on the expected returns from investment in real estate on a scale from 1 (catastrophic) to 9 (excellent).
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Baghdad as absurd as it sounds - is a place to invest right now. As far as land is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      1 Munich 5.51 4
      2 Hamburg 5.41 3
      3 Istanbul 5.38 2
      4 Zurich 5.17 17
      5 London 5.13 15
      6 Moskow 5.02 1
      7 Helsinki 4.9 8 10
      8 Paris 4.98 5
      9 Berlin 4.93 9
      10 Frankfurt4.93 7
      The value is based on the expected returns from investment in real estate on a scale from 1 (catastrophic) to 9 (excellent).
      Link or we don't believe a word.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Link or we don't believe a word.
        Linky 1 and linky 2
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Erm...in Munich prices haven't really risen over and above inflation. Renting here 'was' cheaper for many than buying. Ok, with ridiculously low interest rates that may no longer hold true, but rates won't stay this way.

One thing you can be sure of here is tenants though.

Comment

1 Munich 5.51 4
            2 Hamburg 5.41 3
            3 Istanbul 5.38 2
            4 Zurich 5.17 17
            5 London 5.13 15
            6 Moskow 5.02 1
            7 Helsinki 4.9 8 10
            8 Paris 4.98 5
            9 Berlin 4.93 9
            10 Frankfurt4.93 7
            Out of that list I'd go for Istanbul. Even if the economic optimism turns out to be unfounded, the weather's nice, the food's better and the locals are friendlier than in the rest of those cities.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Out of that list I'd go for Istanbul. Even if the economic optimism turns out to be unfounded, the weather's nice, the food's better and the locals are friendlier than in the rest of those cities.
              Can you buy prop in Turkey?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Can you buy prop in Turkey?
                Yes, if you can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I wouldn't go for Munich as there's too many Brits there and I don't like the beer too much. Its also a very cliquey type place. Probably Hamburg, although it gets more rain than the UK, but I could pop down to the Reeperbahn for some executive relief after a hard day at the office. Helsinki and Istanbul (for Mich's reasons primarily) come pretty close though

Comment

I wouldn't go for Munich as there's too many Brits there and I don't like the beer too much. Its also a very cliquey type place. Probably Hamburg, although it gets more rain than the UK, but I could pop down to the Reeperbahn for some executive relief after a hard day at the office. Helsinki and Istanbul (for Mich's reasons primarily) come pretty close though
                    I think if you decide to invest in property, make sure that if you don’t make any money out of it, you’re still left with a nice place to live. So Istanbul wins hands down for me. Helsinki's nice too though, but bloody cold in winter.

Comment

Working...
                    X