• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At last a decent use for technology

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last a decent use for technology

A device that will alert the barman that you need another beer, just think of the calories saved.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4298344.stm

Must be a Dutch beer all head and no body
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

At first glance it does sound like a good idea, but...

1) It will obviously never happen.

2) It is actually an excuse for some BBC hack (Alison Ross) to go and get pissed at the expense of the tax payer.

Comment

I suppose a developed product will be lot slimmer, maybe indistinguishable from a normal beermat.

Frightening. Will the government be checking where you are from the tracker in your compulsory ID card? see how much you have drunk from your beermat? check the signal from the tracker in your car and issue summonses for drink driving automatically? I can see it now. The BARRRSTARDS! The only response is bloody revolution. KIll somebody tonight. Never mind who, they are sure to be in on it.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If I kill your pikey scum neighbours will you kill my Yorkshire scum ones?

It should be seen as a crime for the benefit of society. After all, we don't want them to breed (any more - 5 kids must be enough surely).

Comment

Hey! Maye you have a deal PR! After all, with such an arrangement (unless the fuzz happen on this thread) what we would have in our favour is a total lack of motive,

Hey! What about a website devoted to exchange murders? I kill your enemies in exchange for you killing mine? Just think of the advantages, not only lack of obvious motive but the victims themselves would have no suspicions of a a friendly stranger they had met quite by accident. Why would they?

Tell me more about your Yorkshire scum.

PS Pikey scum used to be in the paras. I hope that does not put you off. On the other hand he spent most of his time in the glass house so that must have reduced his training time.

PPS For violence against an officer
          Last edited by xoggoth; 30 September 2005, 17:41.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X