• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories back open source

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tories back open source

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5645288.ece

"............We need to move in the direction of what are known as “open standards” - in effect, creating a common language for government IT. This technical change is crucial because it allows different types of software and systems to work side by side in government.

At a stroke it means big projects can be split into smaller elements, which can be delivered by different suppliers and then bolted together. Because smaller projects are inherently less risky, this approach reduces the chance of cost overruns and opens up the procurement process to innovative start-ups........."

Makes sense to me.
    Bored.

It makes sense to me too.

It's just I come from a .Net / Microsoft background which isn't so good on the 'Open' bit.

.Net Doomed
    RoR Boomed
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Open source is OK, but HP sauce is the Daddies.

Comment

Working...
      X