• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For you Climate Change sceptics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For you Climate Change sceptics

The Met Office spokesman said the heavy snow was nothing to do with climate change. "It's down to good old-fashioned natural variability in weather," he said. "We're just having a very cold winter."

I thought so. The hot weather in Australia is Climate Change, but the cold weather here, which makes people laugh at "Global Warming" is just weather.

HTH

Have you noticed how the people with their own agenda on "climate change" have now started calling in "climate instability" because the "change" aspect isn't actually happening...
    "take me to your leader"

Comment

No, no, no.
      Climate change = increased warming = increased moisture capacity = more snow (when it's cold, which is not climate, it's weather).

I just browsed an article on the realclimate website that says sea-levels will return to levels of the last ice age......
      Bored.

Comment

DP, haven't you watched Day After Tomorrow? It's complex science brought down to a level for the uneducated, dramatised for the ADD generation. Perfect for the likes of you...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
          No, no, no.
          Climate change = increased warming = increased moisture capacity = more snow (when it's cold, which is not climate, it's weather).

I just browsed an article on the realclimate website that says sea-levels will return to levels of the last ice age......
          Doesn't that mean sea levels will drop? So the polar ice caps will increase because of global warming? Cunning, I never thought of that.

Oh what's the use. It's all so confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Doesn't that mean sea levels will drop? So the polar ice caps will increase because of global warming? Cunning, I never thought of that.

Oh what's the use. It's all so confusing.
            Yeah, I'd love someone to explain how it getting warmer means bigger ice caps and glaciers in Sheffield for example.

There again glaciers scraping most of England off the map might well be a good thing.

Way to go global warming!
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Yeah, I'd love someone to explain how it getting warmer means bigger ice caps and glaciers in Sheffield for example.

There again glaciers scraping most of England off the map might well be a good thing.

Way to go global warming!
              When all the ice melts, desalinization causes the disruption of the gulf stream causing glaciation of the UK. It is estimated that Sheffield will be under 1 mile of ice. So it's not all bad
              Bored.

Comment

It is estimated that Sheffield will be under 1 mile of ice.
                Blimey! They might even start wearing long sleeve shirts!
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

When all the ice melts, desalinization causes the disruption of the gulf stream causing glaciation of the UK. It is estimated that Sheffield will be under 1 mile of ice. So it's not all bad
                  WHS (tho nothing against Sheffield personally)

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

By the way, the UK makes up just one sixth of one percent (0.16%) of the total land area of the planet. So if the global average temperature rose 0.1 degrees and UK average temperature fell 10 degrees, us all freezing to death would still be statistically insignificant.

So please, every time it's raining/snowing/sunny, stop using that as evidence of anything at all to do with the global climate. I don't know if anyone her apart from maybe wxman has enough knowledge to comment intelligently... have they?
                    Last edited by d000hg; 3 February 2009, 13:57.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X