• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PI Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI Insurance

Has anyone had a client attempt to sue them for anything they;ve done.

While at Logica recently the environment made me believe that they were more than capable of finding a scape goat so I jacked it because I had not updated my Insurance.

Anyone else ever had call for it?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Has anyone had a client attempt to sue them for anything they;ve done.

While at Logica recently the environment made me believe that they were more than capable of finding a scape goat so I jacked it because I had not updated my Insurance.

Anyone else ever had call for it?
    I've never heard of a contractor being taken to court, and I've been contracting for almost 7 years. I work for big companies, with a relaxed attitude, and do not consider it a risk. However I am a small cog in a large machine, rather than a supplier of key components/infra-structure.

But an employee of my client could suffer an accident due to negligence on my part - e.g. trip over my brief case and break their neck - so I guess that the risk is real.

I wonder what percentage of contractors buy PI Insurance? Obviously those outside IR35 do. (They'd be fools not to.)

I am surprised at your comments about Logica.

Sometimes this whole business goes too far. My previous client did not allow use of kettles due to safety concerns, and the 'hot' water from the water machines was not hot enough for tea.

Fungus

Comment

PI doesn't cover you for people tripping over your briefcase.

PL does that.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        PI doesn't cover you for people tripping over your briefcase.

PL does that.
        Actually I don't have a brief case, so it's not even an issue. Phew.

Fungus

Comment

Working...
        X