• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

any support if LTD cant support you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any support if LTD cant support you?

hi, i will be out of a contract next week, running LTD, can anybody tell me if i'm entitled to any support (income support, Job seekers allowance) as the company wont have funds to support me.

Thanks

This'll be good......

<Sits back and waits for "helpful" answers>

Comment

<Eating a tuna and cucumber baguette whilst clicking F5 on this thread>
      <looking forward to the DP response>
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

This has been covered a few times before. The answer is yes, you are entitled to JSA. You'll have to jump through hoops to get it though.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

just to be clear on this:

a) how long have you been contracting?
          b) approx what rate have you been on?

a x b - running costs and expenses of a business - personal expenditure = less than 1 weeks warchest funds!!

the above simple calculation makes me ask

why do you have less than 1 weeks warchest funds?
          Last edited by chef; 3 February 2009, 12:35.
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

why do you have less than 1 weeks warchest funds?
            WHS
            Originally posted by cailin maith
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Maybe he was on a crap rate. It would have to be very crap, seeing as I could live for a month on one week's earnings if I really needed to.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Maybe at the shareholders meeting the company figured it couldn't pay out the usual £10k a week dividend.
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  This has been covered a few times before. The answer is yes, you are entitled to JSA. You'll have to jump through hoops to get it though.
                  I believe you have to be fired or made redundant to be able to claim job seekers don't you? I'm pretty sure you can't claim it while employed by your company.....

Comment

I believe you have to be fired or made redundant to be able to claim job seekers don't you? I'm pretty sure you can't claim it while employed by your company.....
                    lay yourself off then?

Comment

Working...
                    X