• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Milk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milk

I'm trying to explain to these German colleagues that german milk is disgusting and tastes nothing like british milk

they believe it to be the fat content and asked what fat content milk do i drink.. how the #### do I know, its just regular milk!!

so, if anyone has any regular tesco pasteurised milk (blue labelled one) to hand, can they please tell me the fat content. Thanks

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that hardly any other country in the world has milk that tastes like british milk?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    I'm trying to explain to these German colleagues that german milk is disgusting and tastes nothing like british milk

they believe it to be the fat content and asked what fat content milk do i drink.. how the #### do I know, its just regular milk!!

so, if anyone has any regular tesco pasteurised milk (blue labelled one) to hand, can they please tell me the fat content. Thanks

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that hardly any other country in the world has milk that tastes like british milk?
    Astonishing for a chef that you don't know that milk comes in various fat contents - even in the UK.

Full milk
    Semi-skimmed
    Skimmed

etc.

Even when we had bottles delivered to our door we had Gold/Red/Silver top to denote the fat content.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Astonishing for a chef that you don't know that milk comes in various fat contents - even in the UK.

Full milk
      Semi-skimmed
      Skimmed

etc.
      I know it comes in various fat contents labelled as you've described but I dont have a clue what those fat content values are.

Comment

Blue is full fat, I think.

I drink red which is 0.1% fat
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Semi-skimmed = 1.5 – 1.8% fat content
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Are you sure you aren’t drinking Buttermilch? That’s pretty revolting. In NL we have karnemelk and no foreigners, except Germans, like that.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I know it comes in various fat contents labelled as you've described but I dont have a clue what those fat content values are.
              http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=uk+milk+fat+content

2nd entry 'varieties of milk'

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Is the stuff you get UHT (Ultra Horrible Tasting) or "coffee milk"?

There also seems to be a lot of sterilised milk in the rest of the world. I have managed to find straight pasteurised in France, Holland and Switzerland. The carton of pasteurised in my fridge says 3.5% fat - the "low fat" equivalent is something like 3.1%, so for the fat saving I reckon that I'm better off cutting down on fried stuff instead
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Maybe you need to visit a German dairy farmer and ask him to give you some fresh milk from his favourite cow, which may or may not be called ‘Bertha’. You’ll probably find it tastes just like English milk. Just be careful if you have a weedy townie wimp’s immune system.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

ok, we're going off topic..

i know milk comes in different fat contents
                    i know the fat content of skimmed, semi-skimmed etc. from using google

but what nowhere that i can google seems to tell me is the fat content of Whole Natural Pasteurised Milk which is the blue labelled Whole Milk you get in Tesco or Sainsburys.. the full fat stuff, the unhealthy one, the real proper milk with no fiddling of fat content.. what is that fat content?

All i can find is that "no fat is added or removed" which is great, but what % fat is that?

does anyone have a pint of milk to hand, wouldnt it say on the plastic bottle?

Comment

Working...
                    X