• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Ocean

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Ocean

Link

Looks pretty cool although I'm not sure it will be as useful as Google Earth. Diver (where is he btw) what do you think? Why oh why get Al Bore to launch it!

I can imagine it will be very useful for Astute submarine helmsmen...

Windows pop-up "Please upgrade to version 23.2 before plotting this course"
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The reactions of the International Maritime Organisation, the International Hydrographic Organisation and the UK Hydrographic Office should be interesting. Especially after the first passenger ship that uses it sinks.

"But Google said... "
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Can it show us some of those valuable shipwrecks so I can go in search of the gold !!

Comment

Is it like a virtual fish tank because that would be ace !

Or perhaps like that game in the arcades, when I was a lad, and you have a proper periscope and had to fire torpedoes at boats ? It even went "ping" !

I think the next big Google app, based on their history so far, will be Google Clit.

Our prayers as men have been answered ! Woohoo !
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Or perhaps like that game in the arcades, when I was a lad, and you have a proper periscope and had to fire torpedoes at boats ? It even went "ping" !
            NF, did you want an idea for a multi-user mashup?

Or even, if you don't fancy knocking up a wargame, Second Life Underwater?
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Brown : Is your avatar from Das Boot ? Class film that !
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Can't get it to play in Android. Just give me a minute or two though.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Got it working on the iPhone. Cool.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    Brown : Is your avatar from Das Boot ? Class film that !
                    10/10 !

Now work out what the name means...

Comment

Working...
                    X