• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We borrowed from the future and now the future wants it back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We borrowed from the future and now the future wants it back

Doesn't seem fair really

Don't worry, that's all in the past.

Comment

As the Universe is expanding and accelerating onwards - so should inflation and money supply.

So - get that dream house by that beach, that dream vacation , your new mountain-bike - fake tan or fake smile while stocks last.

As Above - so Below.
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 4 February 2009, 08:18.

Comment

If the 18 month VAT rate-drop from 17½% to 15% costs x-billions, and yet everyone is saying it wont make any difference, why don't they just put it up to 20% for 18 months afterwards to pay for it, presume people wont notice that either?
        "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
          If the 18 month VAT rate-drop from 17½% to 15% costs x-billions, and yet everyone is saying it wont make any difference, why don't they just put it up to 20% for 18 months afterwards to pay for it, presume people wont notice that either?
          Are you proposing a stealth tax?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I don't think that the future is in any position to be making demands of us.

If it wants to get all heavy then we can easily take actions now that leave it completely f**ked up.

Oh, hang on, we've already done that.

Comment

I could be long gone by the time we have to pay it back. And so will my ancesters.

Comment

Working...
              X