• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Management by email….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Management by email….

Got a release manager with zero people skills and a zany look in his eyes, hence a beast to be avoided at all costs.

He is spouting war and peace by email (not much peace though….)

Current coping mechanism is to ignore emails.

Getting to the point he is still refusing to talk to people and sending the same email message out several times.

Any advice? (Murder is sadly a custodial…)

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Got a release manager with zero people skills and a zany look in his eyes, hence a beast to be avoided at all costs.

Getting to the point he is still refusing to talk to people and sending the same email message out several times.

Have a coffee, chill and wait until someone else confronts him. In the meantime turn your out of office on with some thing like "Don't bother me. I'm living happily ever after on it" or "Ambivalent? Well Yes and No".

Comment

Is he bigger than you?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Recite Pride and Prejudice. Less of the Pride, more of the Prejudice. HTH.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Any advice?
          Quit your job and go and live in a commune. One without internet access would be good for your soul and physical wellbeing.

Comment

send an email- "is everything ok - just a few people think that you are a twat but I disagree - everyone has their reasons."

Comment

You could try the American approach; ‘you know, I can recommend my therapist’.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                You could try the American approach; ‘you know, I can recommend my therapist’.
                If they knew Wilmslow well enough that would probably result in a laughing fit and a recommendation for a lawyer so he could attempt to get his money back.
                Last edited by oracleslave; 4 February 2009, 09:51. Reason: Can't spell today

Comment

Stop checking your email. Claim you are too busy to be distracted.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Send his e-mail address to one of those Male sexual health spammers.

Comment

Working...
                    X