• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Universe to continue Expansion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universe to continue Expansion

The Universe is to continue its expansion at 3.8 per cent per second per second said an ashed faced scientist.

Gordon Brown warned the Government could not tolerate the Universe expanding ' in such a reckless manner' and promised prudent yet effective measures would be taken to avoid a reversal of Big Bang.

By the time you have read this sentence your house in a Parallel Universe has doubled in value.

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    The Universe is to continue its expansion at 3.8 per cent per second per second said an ashed faced scientist.
    I don't think 'elf and safety would approve of that. Has the universe filled in a risk assessment form? Are all the correct insurance documents present? Has the expansion deceleration procedure been properly documented and rehearsed?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I don't think 'elf and safety would approve of that. Has the universe filled in a risk assessment form? Are all the correct insurance documents present? Has the expansion deceleration procedure been properly documented and rehearsed?
      I know - these are the things that keep me up at night too Mitch.

Could it be that the Universe is - well - having a laugh ??

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        I know - these are the things that keep me up at night too Mitch.

Could it be that the Universe is - well - having a laugh ??
        I’m pretty sure that if there’s intelligent life up there, they’re avoiding us because they’ve detected Radio 1 and decided we're not worth visiting. Any civilisation that can manage intergalactic transport has probably got economics licked too, so they’ll be splitting their sides at our current state of affairs.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Entropy!
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I find this hard to believe.

My local branch of Universe has just shut down. Said they couldn't sell enough Dark Matter.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              I find this hard to believe.

My local branch of Universe has just shut down. Said they couldn't sell enough Dark Matter.
              Rumour has it the Crab Nebulae to be nationalised and I hear its not safe to walk the streets of Andromeda.

Dark Matter isn't such a worry - thought I cannot say the same for Dark Energy - just how far will it accelerate the remaining mass in the Universe - I mean is the Universe having a laugh ?

Comment

What is the universe expanding into?

Does that mean there is something the other side contracting?

If there is something on the other side that is contracting, then should we consider these alien contractors a threat to our market?

We need to stop the alien contractors before the EU makes us employ them. I say we upload a virus to the alien contractors mainframe.
                Originally posted by cailin maith
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Its expanding too fast and you know what that means... Big crunch theory.

I'd like to see GB try and spend his way out of that one.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The only way Flash Gordon will stop this rapid expansion is to tax it.

If taxation policies don't work then they will invent a crisis (something along the lines of Weapons of Mass Expansion) and they will fight it until its economy collapses, or ours does, again. I think thats what he will do.

Comment

Working...
                    X