• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone purchased...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone purchased...

The guide to IT Contracting?

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...3&Origine=2411

Just wanna see if it is worth getting a copy of it.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Yes. Well no. Its seems OK though. Just haven't started reading it yet.

I ordered a copy a week or so ago but it was damaged. I complained and so they sent another.

So I have 2 copies now. I will keep the damaged one but have the other undamaged one to sell if you're interested.

PM me if you would like to buy.

Thanks
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Haven't read it, but doesn't look that appealing. Might be a good link to give to newbies asking daft questions though..
      Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Customers who bought this title also bought:

How to Act Like a CEO
        How to Think Like a CEO: The 22 Vital Traits You Need to Be the Person at the Top
        How to Write and Give a Speech, Second Revised Edition
        Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game
        Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
          Haven't read it, but doesn't look that appealing. Might be a good link to give to newbies asking daft questions though..
          You mean we can't just beast them : then throw a party at their place and trash it?

Comment

Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, he's a septic so what does he know about setting up a LTD in the UK (I think the hint is that the price is in $.) Look at all the other books he's written and I would suspect that he's a bit of a snake oil seller:

http://www.samuelblankson.com
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Customers who bought this title also bought:

How to Act Like a CEO
              How to Think Like a CEO: The 22 Vital Traits You Need to Be the Person at the Top
              How to Write and Give a Speech, Second Revised Edition
              Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game
              Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done
              All me. Thats mys top 5 books of all time.

And the pick of the crop...

"50 new ways to tie you shoe laces". Followed by "How to walk and talk at the same time" in close 2nd place.

Seriously though I'm reserving passing judgement on the book until I've read (skimmed through) it. If it saves getting stupid anwers to stupid questions posted on this site then it may just be worth it..
              I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, he's a septic so what does he know about setting up a LTD in the UK (I think the hint is that the price is in $.) Look at all the other books he's written and I would suspect that he's a bit of a snake oil seller:

http://www.samuelblankson.com
                "How To Win At Online Roulette"

Surley that beats contracting for a living, so why bother?
                The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                  The guide to IT Contracting?

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...3&Origine=2411

Just wanna see if it is worth getting a copy of it.

I think I have this book - with a different cover.
                  You can have it for a tenner, its in mint condition.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    You mean we can't just beast them : then throw a party at their place and trash it?
                    Actually, yeah sorry that's a far better tradition
                    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X