• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Governments in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Governments in EU

I need to get a bit of perspective.

There are many contractors here who work and live in other EU countries.

Do you , or the people you work with, presumably some of them being nationals of the countries that they live in, criticise their governments as much as new labour get slagged off here.

Is it universal or has England got a phenomenally sh 1 t e government?
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    I need to get a bit of perspective.

There are many contractors here who work and live in other EU countries.

Do you , or the people you work with, presumably some of them being nationals of the countries that they live in, criticise their governments as much as new labour get slagged off here.

Is it universal or has England got a phenomenally sh 1 t e government?
    Most IT workers in other countries are not such ignorant thieving crass deluded Tory scum as we get in the UK, so while criticism does exist it tends to be more thoughtful.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Most IT workers in other countries are not such ignorant thieving crass deluded Tory scum as we get in the UK, so while criticism does exist it tends to be more thoughtful.
      *ahem* That's Mr. ignorant thieving crass deluded Tory scum to you.
      One of the advantages of being in abroadshire is that one can simply ignore all that stuff, especially if you don't bother to learn the language. I believe the government in my bit are truly abysmal.
      Bored.

Comment

Governments usually face a barage of criticism. Interestingly the Grand Coalition in Germany in my view is the least hated government I seen in a longtime. The Germans used to throw rotten eggs at Helmut Kohl, and Schroeder was equally displiked.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

The Dutch government are continually criticised for everything under the sun, but seeing as they attempt to regulate everything under the sun they deserve all the criticism they get.

To be fair though, they’ve run budget surpluses or break-even for a number of years, so they actually have some cash to throw about now without pushing the country into massive debt.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The Belgian Govt on the other hand...

...oh wait.
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              *ahem* That's Mr. ignorant thieving crass deluded Tory scum to you.
              One of the advantages of being in abroadshire is that one can simply ignore all that stuff, especially if you don't bother to learn the language. I believe the government in my bit are truly abysmal.
              I do agree (if you do), staying out of it keeps the blood pressure a bit lower.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                The Belgian Govt on the other hand...

...oh wait.
                They've issued their banks guarantees that exceed the GDP of Belgium. Still, they do have better lunches than the Dutch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  They've issued their banks guarantees that exceed the GDP of Belgium.
                  That's just the annual GDP. goverments can sign away their subjects' money for many years to come

Thomas Jefferson wasn't stupid when he argued that there should be no national bank in the USA precisely in order to prevent that.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    That's just the annual GDP. goverments can sign away their subjects' money for many years to come

Thomas Jefferson wasn't stupid when he argued that there should be no national bank in the USA precisely in order to prevent that.
                    Thomas Jefferson wasn't stupid. Enough said.

Shame about some of his successors.

Comment

Working...
                    X