• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New poster put up in the office.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New poster put up in the office.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...ter_226320.gif

Nah. This one.

www.enchantedlearning.com/sgifs/Shrimp_bw.GIF

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

James May had that on a t-shirt last week during that James and Oz program.

I think it is a chipie t-shirt.

Do I get a prize?

Comment

Or Even...

This one...

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2407/dimprawnsy9.jpg

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Comment

We had some gems at the MoD: link

It's hard to read but it says "It descends from the heavens ironically it unleashed hell."

Another which I can't find looked like this with the tagline "We made it beautiful because it's the last thing some people will ever see"
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              We had some gems at the MoD: link

It's hard to read but it says "It descends from the heavens ironically it unleashed hell."

Another which I can't find looked like this with the tagline "We made it beautiful because it's the last thing some people will ever see"
              The staggering volume of people who cannot grasp the concept of irony continues to astonish me - that includes MOD poster-designers.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                The staggering volume of people who cannot grasp the concept of irony continues to astonish me - that includes MOD poster-designers.
                They were promotional posters by McDonnell Douglas & Bell, Americans you see.

I don’t think they were intended to leave the factory gates, they both got into trouble when the media found out.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Go on! Be a Tiger!

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    They were promotional posters by McDonnell Douglas & Bell, Americans you see.
                    I thought they didn't look british. Our MoD posters aren't so exciting. I wish I had an amusing link for this, but I don't.

That's how boring they are...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X