• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Applied for a low level job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applied for a low level job

So I Rang the agency up the next morning to find out about it more, turns out he is shifting through 350 applications.
    My chances of employment in contracting are looking very dim at the moment

Keep going : you will get there.....

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
      So I Rang the agency up the next morning to find out about it more, turns out he is shifting through 350 applications.
      My chances of employment in contracting are looking very dim at the moment
      Never believe what the agent has told you.

It's in his interest to make you think there are 350 others.

Good luck to you and your company.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
        Never believe what the agent has told you.

It's in his interest to make you think there are 350 others.

Good luck to you and your company.
        Exactly! He wants you to think there are 350 others clammering for the job so he'll be able to sh@ft you on the rate. Dont believe anything a pimp tells you

Comment

I spoke to agent yesterday, been shortlisted from 200 I was told. Today it was 150...
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

not heard a peep from them today must still be shortlisting the list further lol

Comment

Just forget about it and get cracking with the next batch of applications, if you are the person they want you will get a call. If not don't lose any more sleep over it, just keep plugging away and creating more opportunity for yourself.
              The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Working...
              X