• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryanair....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryanair....

...Anyone had any bad experiences?

Been flying back and forth between Spain and bristol on Easyjet for the last 8 months with no problems bar the odd 30 minute delay.

Now Easyjet have changed the schedule to Friday morning so I have to take a day off if I want to come home for the weekend, so I decided to go Ryanair into Gatwick on the evening flight instead and get the train back to Bath - about 7 hours door to door, but worth the hassle as I don't have to take any time out.

Just logged into hotmail to print out my flight details and there waiting for me is an email telling me that the flight has been rescheduled to 9 am tomorrow (and this has nothing to do with snow because the mail is dated 26 Jan). So now I've got to take a whole day off anyway (if client lets me), no doubt spending hours on draughty railway stations waiting for delayed trains and, since I reservered a seat on the 9pm train, I'm sure I'll be made to fork out an exhorbitant amount for another train ticket.

The worrying thing is that I normally check in online the same day as my flight and rarely check my hotmail account. If I'd done that this time I wouldn't have been going anywhere because the fight would have already left!

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    good

(if client lets me)

Stay where you are. The IR35 police are on their way

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      good

Comment

I've been using ryanair every Mon and Fri for the last 4 months. I don't think they're as bad as a lot of people make out (although yu're situation does sound a bit off putting).

They are by far the cheapest flight for my journey, and I suppose you do get what you pay for. Used every week for the last 4 months, only been delayed twice (35 minutes max).
        If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

good

In this case it does sound like he is working in Spain so IR35 is probably not much of an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
            I've been using ryanair every Mon and Fri for the last 4 months. I don't think they're as bad as a lot of people make out (although yu're situation does sound a bit off putting).

They are by far the cheapest flight for my journey, and I suppose you do get what you pay for. Used every week for the last 4 months, only been delayed twice (35 minutes max).

It's not even as though the evening flight has been cancelled, they've just booted me onto an earlier one because of over booking! Thats what their help line told me. They charge 1 Euro / minute too cheeky c***s !

Comment

I've used them once, the cabin crew were giggling amongst themselves during the safety brief. I won’t use them again.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Living in Spain and commuting by el-cheapo airline is not viable long term. Unless you work remotely, you need to be located near your business partners or at least have a reliable alternative means of getting there.

Comment

Been using RAir for over a decade on lots of European flights - cheapand punctual - oh save one flight from Prestwick to Brussels - the flight was detoured to a millitary ariport in France as some poor chap had a heart attack - it was an 8 hour delay but nobody complained !

Also recently had to cliam back a flight that as cancelled fdue to breavement - full refund in a short space of time.

OK in my book.

Comment

Been flying back and forth between Spain and bristol on Easyjet for the last 8 months with no problems bar the odd 30 minute delay.

Now Easyjet have changed the schedule to Friday morning so I have to take a day off if I want to come home for the weekend, so I decided to go Ryanair into Gatwick on the evening flight instead and get the train back to Bath - about 7 hours door to door, but worth the hassle as I don't have to take any time out.

Just logged into hotmail to print out my flight details and there waiting for me is an email telling me that the flight has been rescheduled to 9 am tomorrow (and this has nothing to do with snow because the mail is dated 26 Jan). So now I've got to take a whole day off anyway (if client lets me), no doubt spending hours on draughty railway stations waiting for delayed trains and, since I reservered a seat on the 9pm train, I'm sure I'll be made to fork out an exhorbitant amount for another train ticket.

The worrying thing is that I normally check in online the same day as my flight and rarely check my hotmail account. If I'd done that this time I wouldn't have been going anywhere because the fight would have already left!

Only used them once...

The experience of Ryanair staff / procedures once at the airport to getting on the plane - Sh1t
                    The experience on the plane - no worse than Easyjet / Jet2 etc.
                    The experience of Ryanair staff / procedures once getting off the plane to leaving the airport - Sh1t

I agree they are the cheapest of all the carriers, but I always look to book EasyJet where I can as this has always been hassle free, but if I found one of their free flight offers for the time I am travelling then I would try them again - I honestly believe the staff could not be as rude / unhelpful as that again.

Comment

Working...
                    X