PDA

View Full Version : eBayISAPI.dll - Ebay Geek Central

MarillionFan
3rd October 2005, 08:04
Does anyone have any documentation on the above DLL. Searching the web at the moment.

Had an idea?

Going to query Ebay to return to me all completed listings which sold/did not sell for a given item across all Ebay Sellers and for all Ebay Sellers so i can compile a database of given products to work out the average prices, time to sell etc. I can then add the cost price and the ad price and see how much you can make.

Nice.

AtW
3rd October 2005, 13:02
Well, its Ebay's stuff, and naturally they should have documentation of their own -- they have API to do these things, but let me guess -- you don't want to go through official channels, you just want to scrape HTML?

MarillionFan
3rd October 2005, 13:38
Doesnt look like you can do what I want to do using the API, so yes, It would be an HTML scrape.

AtW
3rd October 2005, 14:07
Well, if its HTML scrape, then can't you just run a few queries manually and see which parameters in cgi script are passed and act accordingly?

MarillionFan
3rd October 2005, 14:57
Yes I can. The reason I asked the question here (god knows why) was I was wondering if I had the full list of parameters or if there were more.

There aren't, so yes a simple scrape will have to suffice.

Surely a man of your calibre ATW could knock this up for me in 5 minutes. :talk:

PRC1964
3rd October 2005, 15:06
Does this help?

http://developer.ebay.com/DevProgram/examples/java-SDKApiCallsDemo.asp

AtW
3rd October 2005, 15:10
Yes I can.

Well, if you fking CAN, then why won't you do? If you tried but failed, then I understand the reason for question, but you act just like a freeloader -- I appreciate that concept of actual work is hard to grasp for a consultant, but you had a chance to understand it, and you squandered it http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/eyes.gif

The Late, Great JC
3rd October 2005, 15:12
Well, if you fking CAN, then why won't you do? If you tried but failed, then I understand the reason for question, but you act just like a freeloader -- I appreciate that concept of actual work is hard to grasp for a consultant, but you had a chance to understand it, and you squandered it http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/eyes.gif

MF, what AtW really means is no, he can't!

AtW
3rd October 2005, 15:21
MF, what AtW really means is no, he
can't!

If I could make SKA, I can program anything else.

The Late, Great JC
3rd October 2005, 15:23

That's a rather arrogant boast. It is also incorrect.

AtW
3rd October 2005, 15:28
That's a rather arrogant boast. It is also incorrect.

Would you put real money on this boast not being correct or all you can do is to spout bullcrap on boards?

The Late, Great JC
3rd October 2005, 15:34
Would you put real money on this boast not being correct or all you can do is to spout bullcrap on boards?

OK, have you ever written any embedded software to enhance an existing system based only on a circuit diagram?

AtW
3rd October 2005, 15:41
OK, have you ever written any embedded software to enhance an existing system based only on a circuit diagram?

Are you a retard?

I said I _can_ write anything, I did not make any claims that I _have_ written anything possible software.

Can I write any embedded software to enhance an existing system based only on a circuit diagram? Yes, no problem -- just a question of price.

The Late, Great JC
3rd October 2005, 15:45
Are you a retard?

I said I _can_ write anything, I did not make any claims that I _have_ written anything possible software.

Can I write any embedded software to enhance an existing system based only on a circuit diagram? Yes, no problem -- just a question of price.

Of course you can. The only thing you can't do is work as part of a team you sad social reject.

Ah well, I feel better now having wound you up my little ex-commie friend.

Nearly time to go home for tea...

AtW
3rd October 2005, 15:51
Of course you can. The only thing you can't do is work as part of a team you sad social reject.

I work more efficiently on my own -- there are no arguments with twats like you Spod so I can make all decisions quickly and effectively without consideration for somebody's feelings or anything like this: only results count.

The Late, Great JC
3rd October 2005, 15:55
I work more efficiently on my own -- there are no arguments with twats like you Spod so I can make all decisions quickly and effectively without consideration for somebody's feelings or anything like this: only results count.

Of course you do... Good luck to you. It still doesn't change the fact that you are slowly but surely de-skilling yourself. Your search engine idea may be all well and good as a pet project but I'm sorry, you don't seem to have a USP and as such are destined to failure.

Now, go and use the kleenex for something other than wiping your disgusting residue off the monitor, wipe your eyes, dust yourself off and get a real job ya bum!

The Late, Great JC
3rd October 2005, 15:57
I've done that.

I've even drawn the schematic diagram, laid out the pcb, etched it, assembled all the components, powered it up, debugged the hardware and written the embedded software.

and got home in time for tea.

3 months later.

Threaded could've done it in 5 minutes - and that's without the need for his time machine!

Right, off home via the pub.

MarillionFan
3rd October 2005, 16:02
ATW you've blown it. I would have given you a twenty quid for the solution if you'd knocked it up for me. Think of it ....£20 - you're first money as a contractor!!!!

MarillionFan
3rd October 2005, 16:06
Anyone actually done any programming on this. I had a look at the SDK and was wondering what type of software you could knock up.

I also got a password finder for the Access databases for Turbo Lister. How does Ebay interact with this - or is this a purely read only situation.

Ie. Lets mess with the Ebay Fees structure maybe?

AtW
3rd October 2005, 16:09
It still doesn't change the fact that you are slowly but surely de-skilling yourself.

And how exactly am I de-skilling myself? The best way to learn skills is to try to do a very hard project that stresses all aspects -- I have certainly learnt about .NET and performance optimisation more than I would have otherwise.

Anyhow Spod, you can feck off -- your pityful digs have no effect on me and I am only posting this to express my contempt at someone who is too much of a coward to post under his own name.

boredsenseless
3rd October 2005, 16:31

Sorry

Quick question what is SKA?

Chico
3rd October 2005, 16:50
Super Killer Application aka the next big thing

AtW
3rd October 2005, 17:04
Quick question what is SKA?

Its God.

MarillionFan
3rd October 2005, 17:15
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40867000/jpg/_40867606_flintoffmask203x270.jpg

Freddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AtW
3rd October 2005, 19:29
Looks like Arsenal fan there -- or is it Man Unt?

xoggoth
3rd October 2005, 21:43
t
The only thing you can't do is work as part of a team you sad social reject.

Good for AtW (that's three) I'd say. Us sad social rejects should stick together.

Teamwork! Pah!!! If the biggest projects I have ever worked on are anything to go by,

useful outcome = k * 1/ (number of people involved ** 396,473,782)

I have no idea what atw is up to, whether it works, whether it will ever make money, whether or not it total bollux, whether he is a totally deranged reincarnation of Rasputin, but have not the slightest doubt it is worth 10 million crappy things that can possibly result from teamwork. Spit!!!!

PS Spod??? But there are no posts by spod! Aaaah! DJC is spod? Is this what you found out from your gif bomb? Are you sure? From the little he does say, I would have put DJC a few IQ points above and many feet (by now) above spod.

PPS Why not ask the question on the Ebay developer's forum or is that too obvious?

threaded
4th October 2005, 06:46
It's a damn shame we have this immediate ticking off in the mind about how people sound. On the other hand, how many people really want to be operated upon by a surgeon who talks broad cockney?

The Late, Great JC
4th October 2005, 07:44
And how exactly am I de-skilling myself? The best way to learn skills is to try to do a very hard project that stresses all aspects -- I have certainly learnt about .NET and performance optimisation more than I would have otherwise.

Anyhow Spod, you can feck off -- your pityful digs have no effect on me and I am only posting this to express my contempt at someone who is too much of a coward to post under his own name.

You're de-skilling yourself by remaining outside the market-place. What's going to happen if your project fails? You're going to turn up at an interview and be asked "So, you've spent 12 months developing a search engine... Who for? Oh, yourself... Oh, right then, so you've really spent 12 months wan-king your savings away.... very industrious..."

AtW, everyone knows that I'm Spod so what's the difference? The real reason that you posted a reply is because sad as it may seem, other than Mr Patel at the Off-License, this is the only social interaction you have.

It's exactly because I get this reaction from you that I post my pityful little digs...

Spod - In "Another pityful little dig" mode!

WageSlave
4th October 2005, 07:56
Oh, right then, so you've really spent 12 months wan-king your savings away.... very industrious..."

To be honest, I can't think of a better way to spend a year. Lucky bastard.

AtW, everyone knows that I'm Spod so what's the difference?

You're Spod? Crikey :eek:

The Late, Great JC
4th October 2005, 07:58
To be honest, I can't think of a better way to spend a year. Lucky bastard.

You're Spod? Crikey :eek:

WS, for the extra £5 I'll be anyone they want me to be... :banana:

AtW
4th October 2005, 13:27
You're de-skilling yourself by remaining outside the market-place. What's going to happen if your project fails?

So far its very succeessful, so much that in a few months I might just close it to new participants or have a queue of them.

As for what I will tell the interviewer then I am not bothered Spod -- I am not planning on being interviewed for a job ever again, and so far I stuck to my plans -- meanwhile better go brush up your CV with mad skillz you have Spod.