• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

eBayISAPI.dll - Ebay Geek Central

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBayISAPI.dll - Ebay Geek Central

Does anyone have any documentation on the above DLL. Searching the web at the moment.

Had an idea?

Going to query Ebay to return to me all completed listings which sold/did not sell for a given item across all Ebay Sellers and for all Ebay Sellers so i can compile a database of given products to work out the average prices, time to sell etc. I can then add the cost price and the ad price and see how much you can make.

Nice.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Well, its Ebay's stuff, and naturally they should have documentation of their own -- they have API to do these things, but let me guess -- you don't want to go through official channels, you just want to scrape HTML?

Comment

Atw

Doesnt look like you can do what I want to do using the API, so yes, It would be an HTML scrape.

Comment

Well, if its HTML scrape, then can't you just run a few queries manually and see which parameters in cgi script are passed and act accordingly?

Comment

Atw

Yes I can. The reason I asked the question here (god knows why) was I was wondering if I had the full list of parameters or if there were more.

There aren't, so yes a simple scrape will have to suffice.

Surely a man of your calibre ATW could knock this up for me in 5 minutes.

Comment

Does this help?

http://developer.ebay.com/DevProgram...iCallsDemo.asp

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              Yes I can.
              Well, if you fking CAN, then why won't you do? If you tried but failed, then I understand the reason for question, but you act just like a freeloader -- I appreciate that concept of actual work is hard to grasp for a consultant, but you had a chance to understand it, and you squandered it

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Well, if you fking CAN, then why won't you do? If you tried but failed, then I understand the reason for question, but you act just like a freeloader -- I appreciate that concept of actual work is hard to grasp for a consultant, but you had a chance to understand it, and you squandered it
                MF, what AtW really means is no, he can't!
                Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
                You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
                  MF, what AtW really means is no, he
                  can't!
                  If I could make SKA, I can program anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    If I could make SKA, I can program anything else.
                    That's a rather arrogant boast. It is also incorrect.
                    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
                    You know you'll need us!

Comment

Working...
                    X