• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now is the winter of our discount tents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now is the winter of our discount tents

Sorry, but this ad always amused me..

IGMC
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

IGMC
    How's the new job going ? have you wowed 'em ?
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It certainly is...

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/product-..._campaign=hpal
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

IGMC
        I did hear of an actor complaining that the camping shop in Stratford-upon-Avon had an ad reading "now is the discount of our winter tents", which made it very difficult for him to do Richard III with a straight face.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          How's the new job going ? have you wowed 'em ?
          - nope I'm still waiting for requirements
          But I am spending my time familiarising myself with work already done and working out exactly how much a minute I'm earning.

My customer did say it will be a slow start to this project, but the team are nice, and they sell reasonable coffee nearby.

I was greeted with suprise when I arrived on Monday morning as there was 2 whole inches of snow on the ground! They didnt expect me, but I travelled down on Sunday, so as to be in on time on Monday.
          We're used to snow up north
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

IGMC

I know what you mean. I used to work in Farnham and on a roundabout on the edge of town there was a place that sold garden sheds.

The guy who ran it used to sling up the most corny (but funny) advertising hoardings outside.

My favourite was his Christmas campaign - "Rudolph the Shed Nosed Reindeer" - featuring a cardboard cutout of a shed with a red nose stuck on.
            Then there was "Feeling depressed, fed up, bored of life? Go on, treat yourself, buy yourself a shed!"

I had so many near misses negotiating that roundabout on my way home some evenings.

Comment

Honestly, went to a wedding party in December. Held it outdoors. Music, DJ, Marquee, the works.

Just wanted to mention it.
              Bored.

Comment

Working...
              X