• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Economic Miracle: MFI and Focus in crisis talks with lenders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economic Miracle: MFI and Focus in crisis talks with lenders

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...806911,00.html

"The news that both MFI and the privately owned Focus are renegotiating their banking arrangements is further evidence of the growing downturn on the high street."

Is that a recession I see on the horizon ?

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes

"The news that both MFI and the privately owned Focus are renegotiating their banking arrangements is further evidence of the growing downturn on the high street."

Milan.
    Possibly. Non-impulse, non-trivial value purchases are the first to be put on hold when bad times are forseen. However, an analyst on Today this morning said it could just be the case that MFI has a crap product and are being mercilessly squeezed by Ikea who sell better stuff, cheaper, don't give the impression they have a 365 day/year "sale", aren't staffed by hair-gelled adolescent salemen pushing finance deals, and don't exude a perpetual air of being about to go bust taking your deposit with them.

Comment

Milan.
      I dropped into PC World (Wandsworth Bridge branch) yesterday to check prices of external hard drives, and the shelves in that section were bare, not a drive in sight.

Either they were selling like hot cakes and hadn't been replenished, or PC World are having problems as well.

(I wasn't planning to buy the disk there but in RS Components, where one can get much more capacity for the same price - By and large, PC World is for lazy ignorant chavs, which may explain why they've done so well up until now!)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

MFI has crap products compared with IKEA???? I must live on another planet.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

MFI

Better to people to buy from ....yeah

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The rise of IKEA is the correct answer.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
              MFI has crap products compared with IKEA???? I must live on another planet.
              Marketing is king, Xog, it's all about perceived quality. Go to your local Ikea: under siege 7 days a week morning 'til night. Go to your local MFI: tumbleweed blowing across an empty carpark.

Plus you can get pickled herrings at Ikea. Which is nice.

Lucifer in "spent most of the weekend assembling Ikea flatpacks the wife bought while he wasn't looking" mode.

Comment

"Lucifer in "spent most of the weekend assembling Ikea flatpacks the wife bought while he wasn't looking" mode.",

your home must be....

chavtastic !

I dread to think how your home is furnished.

Milan.

Comment

"Lucifer in "spent most of the weekend assembling Ikea flatpacks the wife bought while he wasn't looking" mode.",

your home must be....

chavtastic !

Milan.
                  Pretty much like your swimming pool I should guess...
                  Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
                  You know you'll need us!

Comment

your home must be....

chavtastic !

Milan.
                    Most people seem quite taken by the jellied eel stand in the corner and the sideboard full of bottles of pale ale.

Comment

Working...
                    X