• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

True colours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True colours

So Carol Thatcher is sacked for something said in a private conversation in the 'green room'(she said that a certain tennis player who had been knocked out of the US open looked like a golliwog) which she apologised for even though she meant nothing malicious whatsoever. Rumour has it that Jo Brand complained. Jonathan Ross keeps his job even though he committed a much greater crime IMO.

Could it be that she has be sacked because certain bigoted people at the BBC hate anything Thatcher, and we have an election coming up that the Tories will probably win ? I believe so !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7870298.stm

When I was a baby my favourite toy was a golliw*g. Its hard to accept it has become an offensive term......

Comment

Perhaps there is a gap in the market for a new product called Golliwags. Little dolls with large fake n*rks, permatans and vacant looking faces?
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Golliwogs are cute. Children love them, but unfortunately everything is so politically correct nowadays that the country is a joke !!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          When I was a baby my favourite toy was a golliw*g. Its hard to accept it has become an offensive term......
          As applied to a doll or a representation of a doll, the word "golliwog" is not rightfully offensive (applied to a person, it might be, but that is not my point here). Please don't kow-tow in advance to a hypothetical PC-gone-mad by censoring the very word yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            Perhaps there is a gap in the market for a new product called Golliwags. Little dolls with large fake n*rks, permatans and vacant looking faces?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              As applied to a doll or a representation of a doll, the word "golliw*g" is not rightfully offensive (applied to a person, it might be, but that is not my point here). Please don't kow-tow in advance to a hypothetical PC-gone-mad by censoring the very word yourself.
              It never ceases to amaze me what the mods will find offensive. I assume n**ks still earns a 2 day ban?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                Could it be that she has be sacked because certain bigoted people at the BBC hate anything Thatcher, and we have an election coming up that the Tories will probably win ? I believe so !!

If they hated her so much why did they employ her in the first place?

They sacked her because she used an offensive term which some on here strangely look back on with affection, Jonathan Ross didn't offend an entire race just a few thousand latent fascists Daily Mail readers who didn't even listen to his show.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  If they hated her so much why did they employ her in the first place?

They sacked her because she used an offensive term which some on here strangely look back on with affection, Jonathan Ross didn't offend an entire race just a few thousand latent fascists Daily Mail readers who didn't even listen to his show.

It was only offensive if aimed at a person personally, but this was not as it was in a PRIVATE CONVERSATION. Jonathan Ross's insults were aimed directly at an old man and his granddaughter over the phone... IE PERSONAL.

It's amazing how bigots raise their ugly heads when they are on a losing run.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    Theres been an active market for thses kind of "dolls" for quite a long time...
                    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Working...
                    X