• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

which planet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which planet?

Got this email from planet recruit, subject line says
    Latest technology news
    The articles in the email are as follows...

New construction jobs set for Glasgow and Cardiff
    A new skills academy in Glasgow will help to provide more construction jobs once the state of the economy begins to improve, the Glasgow Evening Times said. WalesOnline.co.uk reported that, in Cardiff, a £160 million development would create 1,000 construction jobs. Elsewhere, E.ON announced that it had officially opened its new Engineering Academy.

Number of Olympic site construction workers could rise to 30,000
    Community newspaper East End Life revealed that up to 30,000 people will have been involved in Olympic construction projects by 2012. In a separate east London construction project, Thames Water announced that it had shortlisted four bidders for its £400 million Lee Tunnel project.

Network Rail welcomes government plans to expand rail network
    Transport secretary Geoff Hoon opened the new platform at Manchester Airport railway station at the beginning of January. Network Rail later welcomed the government's intention to expand the UK rail network. Elsewhere, the Homes and Communities Agency confirmed that engineers would soon be compiling technical surveys to allow for a new stretch of the proposed East-West Rail project to be designed.
    So I don't get it - where was the technology news then?
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Planet Recruit? More like "What Flipping Planet"?

To be honest I don't really bother with this site as the searches and listings are terrible. Anyone else use Planet Recruit. I only really see to use Jobserve.
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
      So I don't get it - where was the technology news then?
      I suppose it's technology, as in Engineering and Technology as opposed to Information Technology? Even if it is about jobs, you'd expect "Microsoft to create 10,000 new jobs" to appear in an IT news bulletin, probably.

Comment

Working...
      X