• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 investigation if clientco went bankrupt / ceased trading?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 investigation if clientco went bankrupt / ceased trading?

Has this ever happened to anyone?

If so - what happened?

Not happening to me, but i have a long term contract (2 years) with a company that feasibly may not last much longer, i'm curious to know what to expect if i ever got investigated on it.

Do HMRC just give up?

Originally posted by jim2406 View Post
    Has this ever happened to anyone?

If so - what happened?

Not happening to me, but i have a long term contract (2 years) with a company that feasibly may not last much longer, i'm curious to know what to expect if i ever got investigated on it.

Do HMRC just give up?

I cant see hmrc following this up if they did chose to investigate. If the company is in liquidation by that time, who exactly are they going to speak to and determine the 'day to day' realities of the contract etc?

Wouldnt bother about it myself.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

IR35 is the least of your worries

make sure you are invoicing weekly!

Comment

Working...
      X