• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

0.87 and down ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0.87 and down ...

Is this the new rise of the British Pound?

Come on Pound... go for it... 0.70 as in the good times...
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko View Post

and.. both Barclays and Lloyds shares reaching the 100 mark... green shoots? Nah!

Comment

Originally posted by robbie274 View Post
      and.. both Barclays and Lloyds shares reaching the 100 mark... green shoots? Nah!
      I only believe one indicator as a sign of economic recovery. The number of unsolicited job offers from agencies you contacted a long time ago. And that has never been as high as these days. That for me is good enough to indicate that the recession is over (but if you want expert advice you can always ask to SasGuru and AtW, though).
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

fx traders love straight line trends.....

Comment

The lower the pound the less attractive the UK becomes for Eurozone workers.

Oh dear.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
            The lower the pound the less attractive the UK becomes for Eurozone workers.

Oh dear.

Not true, if they are paid in Euros, as they more than likely are.

Comment

Working...
            X