• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Could you get 13 year olds to talk about human rights?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you get 13 year olds to talk about human rights?

Advet on TV for teachers : Could you get 13 year olds to talk about human rights?

FFS WHY?

Can't kids learn something useful : reading, riting, rithmatic or how to mug old ladies?

No wonder this country is going down the tubes.....
    Last edited by BrilloPad; 5 February 2009, 21:26. Reason: sensible font

's awl 'bout respek innit?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      's awl 'bout respek innit?
      Yes. I forgot about that. And there was me thinking kids should learn something that an employer would find useful. Gosh I am stupid....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Yes. I forgot about that. And there was me thinking kids should learn something that an employer would find useful. Gosh I am stupid....
        Get with the programme grandad, that is such a 20th century idea.

Kids need to be tought about human rights so that they can spot an opportunity for compo should anything happen that breaches them. There are no jobs anyway so there's not point teaching the kids about those.

Comment

The advert connects with all the arts degree students that come out of Uni after 3 years of sociology, politics and post modern European dance lectures and could never hold down a job in the private sector.

So Let them loose on our children and see the education system exponentially produce even more fudnuts like them in some truly perverted new labour feedback system.

Comment

Advet on TV for teachers : Could you get 13 year olds to talk about human rights?

FFS WHY?
            It's a subliminal message by the Labour Government to keep voters.
            The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
              It's a subliminal message by the Labour Government to keep voters.
              How will that advert get people to vote Labour?

Maybe if they government were to colonize countries that infringe human rights they would get my vote. Bring back the Empire!

Comment

FFS WHY?

Can't kids learn something useful : reading, riting, rithmatic or how to mug old ladies?

No wonder this country is going down the tubes.....
                Is the thinking and discussion on human rights instead of the 3 Rs?

Comment

Oddly enough we were chatting about the teaching of politics in schools here, and in other countries. I'm prettttty sure you could find a 13 yo from here to bang on about humin rights.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                  X