• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC allow naughty word...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC allow naughty word...

BBC 1 just broadcast the word f***

I was expecting the presenters to go "oh **** sorry about that". But they missed the opportunity.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

I didn't hear it myself, but where do I complain. This is outrageous !!

Comment

I was watching. It was a clip of the recent Christian Bale outburst where someone interupted his acting and he responded with a string of expletives.

BBC Breakfast Time broadcast it but by their reaction they were expecting the f*** word to be bleeped out. It was not.

They did apologise immediately saying they expected it to have been bleeped. Still a bit of a shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        BBC 1 just broadcast the word f***

I was expecting the presenters to go "oh **** sorry about that". But they missed the opportunity.
        What time does the watershed end? Maybe swearing is allowed before 7am?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          What time does the watershed end? Maybe swearing is allowed before 7am?
          If the watershed period has a beginning then it must have an end, or else it can't start again? That's very techie, don't expect media types and politicos to have thought of that.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7873624.stm

In other news, we are all meant to be outraged that Clarkson called Gordon Brown a "one-eyed Scottish idiot".

When will the witch hunt of anything said by any member of the BBC end?

Besides, it's the truth isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7873624.stm

In other news, we are all meant to be outraged that Clarkson called Gordon Brown a "one-eyed Scottish idiot".

When will the witch hunt of anything said by any member of the BBC end?

Besides, it's the truth isn't it?
              Score to Clarkson himself for binocular and English?

Comment

Saw this earlier. Made me chuckle as they were gloating as much as possible re the ITV stuff up with the football the other evening.

Comment

Working...
                X