• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They want me back...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They want me back...

...maybe

Had a contractor friend still on the previous contract just call me up.

A PM has just walked in asking if she knew of any accredited ITIL trainers that could do TNA/development/training for ITIL. Apparently he then asked her if she was ok as she'd gone a funny colour....

CF: "Do you remember Cojak?"
    PM "Dark haired, glasses?"
    CF: "Yep, that's her - she could do that for you"
    PM: "Where is she, I haven't seen her around lately"
    CF: "She's gone - her contract didn't get renewed"
    PM: "Oh Dear, that's a shame - she might have known where I could find an accredited ITIL auditor..."
    CF: goes a darker shade of purple.....
    CF: "Do you remember Cojak? Dark haired, glasses?"
    PM: "Why did you let her go?"
    CF:"I DIDN'T LET HER GO - I KNEW SHE WAS NEEDED - THE MUPPETS IN PMO LET HER GO!"

but I can't see them asking me back - I suspect someone would rather gnaw off their right b*ll**k than admit they made a mistake...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Fingers crossed for you girl
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Thanks but I'm already in a nice little contract.

But if they offered a substantial rate increase...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

If they weren't so useless, they probably wouldn't need contractors in the first place

Comment

... best to play hard to get.

Whatever you do - good luck !

Comment

Cheers Alf.

Comment

is it possible to run both contracts ?

Comment

This is the 2nd contract within the month I'll have to turn down 5*, so there might be a Plan B out there for me.

I haven't the energy or enthusiasm to look at the mo'. Maybe in a few months time....

Comment

Working...
                X