• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The recession is over

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The recession is over

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...ty-market.html

Gazumping 'returns to London property market'

Estate agents have claimed that would-be buyers are again entering into last-minute bidding wars to secure properties as house prices rose for the first time in 11 months in January.

Charles Peerless, the manager of London's West End and City branches of agents Winkworths, said: "We've had gazumping on two lower priced properties – around the £360,000 mark – in January.

"We had abuse from the buyers because they think the market is dreadful and they couldn't believe they had been outbid," he told The Guardian.

Ed Mead, the director of the London estate agents Douglas & Gordon, told the newspaper his company's Wandsworth branch had seen one buyer attempt to gazump a rival by £50,000.

Well that's it isn't it? Officially it's back to boom. I mean one estate agents says that two properties sold at a higher price. Can't argue with evidence like that.

Who can argue with that value? 500k buys you massive house in prime US skiing area or a council flat in south London, Fight Fight Fight! before it's too late or the local hoodies stab you to death!
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The worst might be over but I reckon the climb to anything you might call normal is going to take forever.

I for one intend to be more careful where the money is spent and will not be spending a penny more until I can beat the wife at monopoly, keep loosing for fecks sake, it's getting embarrassing now.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X